MYO/Wire™ Temporary Atrial Cardiac Pacing Wires
Temporary Pacing Wire Product Options
- M-20 Style, Straight Wire Electrode
One inch (2.54cm) of bare temporary pacing wire can be bent into desired configuration by surgeon and secured to the myocardium with a suture.
- M-21 Style, Loop Electrode
One-eighth inch diameter bare temporary cardiac pacing wire loop can be secured onto the myocardium with a non-tied continuous suture through the myocardium and wire loop. The suture will unravel during removal. The temporary pacing wire loop can be cut to permit removal if a suture is used to secure the loop to the myocardium.
- M-22, Robicsek Tapered Loop Electrode
Robicsek atrial pacing electrode designed with six millimeter diameter bare tapered wire loop. A securing suture is placed snug but not tight around neck of electrode. Loop will compress through suture upon removal.
M-22 Product Benefits
- Stable Fixation
The loop electrode, when utilized as described below, provides sufficient fixation to the atrial wall to prevent dislodgement by the inadvertent application of moderate force.
- Atraumatic Removal
The loop electrode compresses through the suture during percutaneous removal reducing the possibility of tearing the thin atrial wall.
- Snap Off Keith Needle
Sharp Keith needle is easily broken off at groove in shaft thereby eliminating the need to cut the needle with wire cutters.
M-22 Suggested Placement Method (see image >>)
- Electrode is sutured to the right atrial surface using 6-0 polypropylene suture. Suture is placed around neck of electrode between loop and wire insulation.
- Suture should be snug but not tight around neck of the electrode. DO NOT place suture through electrode loop
- During percutaneous removal, the cardiac pacing wire electrode loop will compress through the suture.
MYO/Wire™ Temporary Ventricular Cardiac Pacing Wires
- M-24 Style, Bare Wire Electrode
Two and one half inches of bare temporary pacing wire exposed immediately adjacent to the curved needle. Four curved needles, two straight needles and three insulation color options are available.
- M-25 Style, One Centimeter Electrode with Insulation Wings
Insulation is cut back to form a winged electrode. One centimeter of bare wire provides 13.0mm2 of exposed electrode surface area. The wings fold back against the insulation during removal. Three curved needles, two straight needles and three insulation color options are available (see chart below).
- M-26 Style, One Centimeter Electrode
One centimeter of bare temporary pacing wire provides 13.0mm2 of exposed electrode surface area. Insulation is tapered to the electrode to facilitate insertion and removal. Four curved needles, two straight needles and three insulation color options are available.
Product Catalog Place Order
Indifferent Lead Temporary Cardiac Pacing Electrode
Skin or Ground Electrode
- The A&E Medical 8″ ground, skin or indifferent electrode can be installed in subcutaneous tissue. A special curved cutting needle permits this subcutaneous electrode placement.
- This electrode can eliminate the need for a ground electrode on the heart.
- The product is available in 8″ and 24″ lengths.
Protected Pin Connection System for Temporary Pacing Wires
- MYO/Klip Connectors
The MYO/Klip provides a way to insulate the straight needle stub and also easily connect to pacing equipment when used with the MYO/Lead cable. Catalog #019-510
The MYO/Lead accepts the MYO/Klip™ connectors at one end and connects to the Medtronic #5348 or #5388 pacing boxes. Catalog #019-503
Product Catalog Place Order